How can I get from Vancouver International Airport to Whistler?
There are scheduled transfers from Vancouver airport every one to two hours. Other options are limousines/taxis or for groups, you can charter a van or motor coach. There is helicopter and seaplane service as well.
I’ll be visiting Whistler and want to use recreational cannabis. What should I do?
Since there are no licensed retailers in Whistler, you should purchase legal recreational cannabis from a licensed retailer outside of the community.
If you plan on smoking cannabis, check Whistler’s Smoking Regulation Bylaw, provincial regulations and your accommodation provider’s policies to find out where cannabis can be smoked.
- Use cannabis inside a motor vehicle or before operating motor vehicle—this is against the law.
- Use cannabis while participating in recreational activities such as skiing, mountain biking or watersports.
- Use cannabis in a way that could have adverse health effects or jeopardize your safety. Go to the Government of Canada’s cannabis webpage(link is external) and getcannabisclarity.ca(link is external) to learn about safe cannabis use.
- Use cannabis in a way that is disrespectful to others (e.g. smoking in front of children or causing others to inhale cannabis smoke). Consult Whistler’s Smoking Regulation Bylaw and provincial regulations to find out where outdoor smoking is permitted.
- Discard cannabis products, butts or cannabis packaging on the ground. This can be harmful to pets and wildlife, and is a wildfire risk.
- Enter or exit Canada with cannabis. This is against the law.
Use or purchase illegal cannabis. Visit canada.ca/cannabis(link is external) to learn about how to identify legal cannabis.
Is there anything to do during the evenings in Whistler?
There are many great bars and restaurants in Whistler. Many bars have live music and occasionally there is outdoor music in the Whistler Village square. Diners have a choice of almost 100 restaurants ranging from casual pub meals to formal dining. For family vacationers there is an underground eight screen cinema complex showing the very latest movies.
Is there anything to do in Whistler during the summer?
It surprises some to learn that in many ways, there is more to do in Whistler during the summer months than during the winter. Along with skiing and snowboarding (yes, there is summer skiing at Whistler) some of the many summer activities include: mountain biking on miles of challenging and novice trails; golf; tennis; running; all terrain vehicle riding; bungee jumping; gliding; white water rafting; canoeing, kayaking and rafting; hiking; climbing; roller blading; swimming; picnicking on a glacier; and horseback riding.
Is there free wifi in Whistler Village.
Yes, there is free wifi throughout Whistler Village.
What airport do you fly into to go to Whistler?
Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is the closest international airport to Whistler, located 135 kilometres south of Whistler in British Columbia, Canada. Driving time to Whistler is approximately 2 – 2.5 hours along Highway 99, a scenic road also known as the Sea to Sky Highway.
What is golfing like in Whistler?
As one of North America’s premier golfing destinations, there are four championship golf courses to choose from in Whistler:
- Whistler Golf Club, a par 71, 6,722-yard course
- Big Sky Golf Club, a par 72, 7,001-yard course
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club, a par 72, 6,635-yard course
- Nicklaus North Golf Course, a par 71, 6,961-yard course
All designed by internationally-acclaimed architects and fitted with impeccable practice facilities, we do not envy the impossible decision you have to make here in picking which golf course to make your green of choice.
Whatever choice you do make, we challenge you to focus on your game of golf when playing amongst such magnificent landscapes displaying sublime mountains, majestic lakes and pine trees that seem to go on forever.
Where are Whistler and Blackcomb located?
Whistler and Blackcomb are located in the Coastal Mountains of British Columbia, Canada. By ground transport, Whistler is approximately 115 kilometers (72 miles) north of Vancouver. From Vancouver, this is an approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hour drive time. From Vancouver, follow Highway 1 west towards Horseshoe Bay. Take the Squamish/Whistler exit onto Hwy 99 North, also known as the Sea to Sky Highway. Hwy 99 North will take you through Squamish and on to Whistler.
Where is the best place to park in Whistler?
There are a number of parking options in Whistler Village with paid parking options in the day lots (1-5 in the Village, 6-8 on Blackcomb Mountain), along with underground parking in Creekside.
However, there is no need to drive in Whistler with great public transport options, including a free shuttle, in addition to the fully pedestrianised Village stroll.